Senior Product Designer
The legal system in the US is cumbersome and expensive. This results in millions of people having limited access to justice. Our mission at Casetext is to fix this.
We identified inefficient and expensive legal research as one of the main culprits of the problem. We are using innovative search technology to deliver well-designed researcher-centered solutions to address the issue.
Our product has resonated with the legal community. So far our research platform is used by 8,000 firms, from solo practitioners to Am Law 100 firms. Our goal going forward is to go beyond this group of early adopters and cross into the mainstream of legal professionals.
To help us on this journey of growth we are looking for an exceptional senior product designer to join our team.
Why Join Casetext
You will be solving a problem, lack of access to justice, that is absolutely worth solving.
You will be joining a rocket-ship right as it is about to take-off. Most of the risk around not finding product-market fit has already been retired. We now need to grow and scale.
You will have real ownership and real responsibilities. We are still a relatively small team. You will not be another clog in a big machine.
You will be joining a remote first company. No need to relocate or to commute.
- Design for impact across projects and features
- Be researcher-focused, mindful of the complexities that build trust and help our researchers in their work
- Quickly create sketches and prototypes to visualize and communicate solutions
- Architect complex end-to-end flows
- Design for and conduct discovery interviews with users
- Synthesize and implement insights from user interviews, analytics, and usability testing
- Contribute to a creative culture by providing feedback and thoughtful critique on the design team
- Work in close collaboration with engineering and product to deliver effective designs quickly
- Ensure consistency and design quality across the entire experience
- Distinctive portfolio of shipped products that exist and are loved in the world
- Outstanding UX ability, visual design and product thinking
- Experience applying research, usability tests, and metrics to inform design decisions
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback
- Able to communicate design effectively, regardless of the audience or medium
- Strong collaboration and self-management skills
- Demonstrate ability to balance user needs, brand and business goals
- Experience designing for search
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Competitive compensation in equity and salary
- Exciting and meaningful work with an ambitious and passionate team
- Be an early employee at a rising start-up, take on a lot of responsibility, and play a substantial role in the future of the company
- Health, dental, and vision insurance is covered for you, and we cover 50% for spouses and dependents
- Flexible remote-first work culture
- We support families with generous maternity and paternity leave
- We’re a close-knit team of people who really enjoy working together
Please submit your resume and a portfolio of work with your application that showcases your design process from exploratory stages through execution.
Casetext is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.Apply Now