N.H. Code Admin. R. Pol 301.01

Current through Register No. 19, May 9, 2024
Section Pol 301.01 - High School Diploma or Equivalent

Each applicant for employment as a police, corrections or probation/parole officer shall meet the following requirements relative to applicant's education:

(a) No person shall be employed as a full or part-time police, corrections or probation/parole officer who is not a high school graduate, except as provided in (c) or (d) below;
(b) A legible copy of the person's high school diploma or transcript shall be submitted to the council with the council Form "A";
(c) In the absence of a diploma, the applicant shall submit a New Hampshire high school equivalency certificate issued as prescribed by the New Hampshire department of education or an equivalent body of another state or territory; and
(d) In the absence of proof of successful high school completion or equivalency certificate, the applicant shall submit a transcript verifying successful completion of 2 years of postsecondary education at any college, university or other postsecondary institution accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the state department of education.

N.H. Code Admin. R. Pol 301.01

#1534, eff 2-17-80; ss by #1988, eff 3-25-82; ss by #2783, eff 7-27-84; ss by #4437, eff 6-22-88; ss by #5836, eff 6-15-94; ss by #5997, eff 3-4-95; ss by #7302, eff 6-8-00; ss by #9168, INTERIM, eff 6-3-08, EXPIRES: 11-30-08; ss by #9224, eff 8-1-08

Amended by Volume XXXVI Number 49, Filed December 8, 2016, Proposed by #12041, Effective 11/16/2016, Expires 11/16/2026.