7 U.S.C. § 209
AMENDMENTS2002-Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 107-171 inserted "or swine production contract" after "poultry growing arrangement".1987-Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 100-173 inserted "the purchase or sale of poultry, or relating to any poultry growing arrangement," after "livestock,". 1976-Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 94-410 struck out references to violations of specific sections and added packers to categories of regulated persons against whom private action could be brought for violation of chapter.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF 1987 AMENDMENT Amendment by Pub. L. 100-173 effective 90 days after Nov. 23, 1987, see section 12 of Pub. L. 100-173 set out as a note under sectionof this title.
- The term "Secretary" means the Secretary of Agriculture;
- The term "livestock" means cattle, sheep, swine, horses, mules, or goats-whether live or dead;
- The term "person" includes individuals, partnerships, corporations, and associations;
- poultry growing arrangement
- The term "poultry growing arrangement" means any growout contract, marketing agreement, or other arrangement under which a poultry grower raises and cares for live poultry for delivery, in accord with another's instructions, for slaughter;
- The term "poultry" means chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, and other domestic fowl;