The Secretary may prohibit or restrict-
7 U.S.C. § 8305
- The term "Secretary" means the Secretary of Agriculture.
- The term "article" means any pest or disease or any material or tangible object that could harbor a pest or disease.
- The term "facility" means any structure.
- interstate commerce
- The term "interstate commerce" means trade, traffic, or other commerce-(A) between a place in a State and a place in another State, or between places within the same State but through any place outside that State; or(B) within the District of Columbia or any territory or possession of the United States.
- The term "livestock" means all farm-raised animals.
- means of conveyance
- The term "means of conveyance" means any personal property used for or intended for use for the movement of any other personal property.
- The term "pest" means any of the following that can directly or indirectly injure, cause damage to, or cause disease in livestock:(A) A protozoan.(B) A plant.(C) A bacteria.(D) A fungus.(E) A virus or viroid.(F) An infectious agent or other pathogen.(G) An arthropod.(H) A parasite.(I) A prion.(J) A vector.(K) Any organism similar to or allied with any of the organisms described in this paragraph.