49 U.S.C. § 32919
|HISTORICAL AND REVISION NOTES|
|Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|32918||15:2009.||Oct. 20, 1972, Pub. L. 92-513, 86 Stat. 947, §509; added Dec. 22, 1975, Pub. L. 94-163, §301, 89 Stat. 914.|
AMENDMENTS1994- Pub. L. 103-429 renumbered sectionof this title as this section.
- average fuel economy standard
- "average fuel economy standard" means a performance standard specifying a minimum level of average fuel economy applicable to a manufacturer in a model year.
- average fuel economy
- "average fuel economy" means average fuel economy determined under section 32904 of this title.
- fuel economy
- "fuel economy" means the average number of miles traveled by an automobile for each gallon of gasoline (or equivalent amount of other fuel) used, as determined by the Administrator under section 32904(c) of this title.
- "fuel" means-(A) gasoline;(B) diesel oil; or(C) other liquid or gaseous fuel that the Secretary decides by regulation to include in this definition as consistent with the need of the United States to conserve energy.