Poultry and poultry products shall be exempt from the provisions of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act [ et seq.] to the extent of the application or extension thereto of the provisions of this chapter, except that the provisions of this chapter shall not derogate from any authority conferred by the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act prior to August 18, 1968.
The detainer authority conferred by section Secretary of Health and Human Services for purposes of the enforcement of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act [ et seq.] with respect to any poultry carcass, or part or product thereof, that is outside any official establishment, and for such purposes the first reference to the Secretary in section of this title shall be deemed to refer to the Secretary of Health and Human Services.of this title shall apply to any authorized representative of the
21 U.S.C. § 467f
REFERENCES IN TEXTThe Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, referred to in text, is act June 25, 1938, ch. 675, 52 Stat. 1040, as amended, which is classified generally to chapter 9 (§301 et seq.) of this title. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see section of this title and Tables.
STATUTORY NOTES AND RELATED SUBSIDIARIES
CHANGE OF NAME"Secretary of Health and Human Services" substituted for "Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare" in par. (b) pursuant to section 509(b) of Pub. L. 96-88 which is classified to section of Title 20, Education.
- Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act
- The term "Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act" means the Act so entitled, approved June 25, 1938 (52 Stat. 1040) [ 21 U.S.C. 301 et seq.], and Acts amendatory thereof or supplementary thereto.
- The term "Secretary" means the Secretary of Agriculture or his delegate.
- official establishment
- The term "official establishment" means any establishment as determined by the Secretary at which inspection of the slaughter of poultry, or the processing of poultry products, is maintained under the authority of this chapter.
- The term "poultry" means any domesticated bird, whether live or dead.