18 U.S.C. § 1962
Added Pub. L. 91-452, title IX, §901(a), Oct. 15, 1970, 84 Stat. 942; amended Pub. L. 100-690, title VII, §7033, Nov. 18, 1988, 102 Stat. 4398.
AMENDMENTS 1988-Subsec. (d). Pub. L. 100-690 substituted "subsection" for "subsections".
- "enterprise" includes any individual, partnership, corporation, association, or other legal entity, and any union or group of individuals associated in fact although not a legal entity;
- pattern of racketeering activity
- "pattern of racketeering activity" requires at least two acts of racketeering activity, one of which occurred after the effective date of this chapter and the last of which occurred within ten years (excluding any period of imprisonment) after the commission of a prior act of racketeering activity;
- "person" includes any individual or entity capable of holding a legal or beneficial interest in property;
- unlawful debt
- "unlawful debt" means a debt (A) incurred or contracted in gambling activity which was in violation of the law of the United States, a State or political subdivision thereof, or which is unenforceable under State or Federal law in whole or in part as to principal or interest because of the laws relating to usury, and (B) which was incurred in connection with the business of gambling in violation of the law of the United States, a State or political subdivision thereof, or the business of lending money or a thing of value at a rate usurious under State or Federal law, where the usurious rate is at least twice the enforceable rate;