10 U.S.C. § 1073d
REFERENCES IN TEXTSection 706 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017, referred to in subsec. (d)(2), is section 706 of Pub. L. 114-328 which is set out as a note under sectionof this title.
AMENDMENTS2017-Subsec. (e). Pub. L. 115-91 added subsec. (e).
SATELLITE CENTERS Pub. L. 114-328, div. A, title VII, §703(a)(3), Dec. 23, 2016, 130 Stat. 2198, provided that: "In addition to the centers of excellence designated under section 1073d(b)(4) of title 10, United States Code, as added by paragraph (1), the Secretary of Defense may establish satellite centers of excellence to provide specialty care for certain conditions, including with respect to- "(A) post-traumatic stress;"(B) traumatic brain injury; and"(C) such other conditions as the Secretary considers appropriate."
LIMITATION ON RESTRUCTURE AND REALIGNMENT OF MILITARY MEDICAL TREATMENT FACILITIES Pub. L. 114-328, div. A, title VII, §703(b), (e), Dec. 23, 2016, 130 Stat. 2198, 2200, provided that:"(b) EXCEPTION.-In carrying out section 1073d of title 10, United States Code, as added by subsection (a)(1), the Secretary of Defense may not restructure or realign the infrastructure of, or modify the health care services provided by, a military medical treatment facility unless the Secretary determines that, if such a restructure, realignment, or modification will eliminate the ability of a covered beneficiary to access health care services at a military medical treatment facility, the covered beneficiary will be able to access such health care services through the purchased care component of the TRICARE program.""(e) DEFINITIONS.-In this section [enacting this section and provisions set out as notes under this section], the terms 'covered beneficiary' and 'TRICARE program' have the meaning given those terms in section of title 10, United States Code."
- TRICARE program
- The term "TRICARE program" means the various programs carried out by the Secretary of Defense under this chapter and any other provision of law providing for the furnishing of medical and dental care and health benefits to members and former members of the uniformed services and their dependents, including the following health plan options:(A) TRICARE Prime.(B) TRICARE Select.(C) TRICARE for Life.
- armed forces
- The term "armed forces" means the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Space Force, and Coast Guard.
- covered beneficiary
- The term "covered beneficiary" means a beneficiary under this chapter other than a beneficiary under section 1074(a) of this title.
- health care
- The term "health care" includes mental health care.
- military departments
- The term "military departments" means the Department of the Army, the Department of the Navy, and the Department of the Air Force.