Ind. Code § 31-17-5-1

Current through P.L. 167-2020
Section 31-17-5-1 - Right to seek visitation
(a) A child's grandparent may seek visitation rights if:
(1) the child's parent is deceased;
(2) the marriage of the child's parents has been dissolved in Indiana; or
(3) subject to subsection (b), the child was born out of wedlock.
(b) A court may not grant visitation rights to a paternal grandparent of a child who is born out of wedlock under subsection (a)(3) if the child's father has not established paternity in relation to the child.

IC 31-17-5-1

As added by P.L. 1-1997, SEC.9.