In any court proceeding described in subparagraph (C), a State may intervene as a matter of right.
21 U.S.C. § 337
AMENDMENTS1990- Pub. L. 101-535 substituted "(a) Except as provided in subsection (b), all" for "All" and "any proceeding under this section" for "any such proceeding" and added subsec. (b).1954-Act Sept. 3, 1954, struck out reference to section 654 of title 28.
STATUTORY NOTES AND RELATED SUBSIDIARIES
EFFECTIVE DATE OF 1990 AMENDMENT Amendment by Pub. L. 101-535 effective 24 months after Nov. 8, 1990, except that such amendment effective Dec. 31, 1993, with respect to dietary supplements of vitamins, minerals, herbs, or other similar nutritional substances, see section 10(a)(1)(C) of Pub. L. 101-535 set out as a note under sectionof this title.
CONSTRUCTION OF AMENDMENTS BY PUB. L. 101-535 Amendments by Pub. L. 101-535 not to be construed to alter authority of Secretary of Health and Human Services and Secretary of Agriculture under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act ( et seq.), the Federal Meat Inspection Act ( et seq.), the Poultry Products Inspection Act ( et seq.), and the Egg Products Inspection Act ( et seq.), see section 9 of Pub. L. 101-535 set out as a note under section of this title.
- Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act
- The term "Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act" means the Act so entitled, approved June 25, 1938 (52 Stat. 1040) [ 21 U.S.C. 301 et seq.], and Acts amendatory thereof or supplementary thereto.
- The term "Secretary" means the Secretary of Agriculture or his delegate.
- United States
- The term "United States" means the States, the District of Columbia, and the territories of the United States.
- The term "poultry" means any domesticated bird, whether live or dead.