Cal. Health and Saf. Code § 123865

Current through the 2021 Legislative Session
Section 123865
(a) If the parents or estate of a handicapped child is wholly or partly unable to furnish for the child necessary services, the parents or guardian may apply to the agency of the county that has been designated by the board of supervisors of the county of residence under the terms of Section 123850 to administer the provisions for handicapped children. Residence shall be determined in accordance with Sections 243 and 244 of the Government Code.
(b) If the child has an individualized education program (IEP) pursuant to the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA; 20 U.S.C. Sec. 1400 et seq.), that IEP shall be disclosed to the California Children's Services Program by the parents or the estate of the handicapped child at the time of application provided for in subdivision (a) and on revision of the child's IEP.

Ca. Health and Saf. Code § 123865

Amended by Stats 2012 ch 28 (AB 1494),s 3, eff. 6/27/2012.
Amended by Stats 2012 ch 23 (AB 1467),s 32, eff. 6/27/2012.