Case No. 2:03-cr-00610 DAK
August 11, 2003
PRETRIAL ORDER PURSUANT TO RULE 17.1 F.R.Cr.P.
The above-entitled action came on for pretrial conference August 11, 2003, before Samuel Alba, United States Magistrate Judge. Defense counsel and the Assistant United States Attorney were present. Based thereon the following is entered:
1. A jury trial in this matter is set for, 10/20/2003 (3 days) at 8:30 a.m. It appears the trial date is appropriate if the matter is to be tried. Proposed instructions are to be delivered to Judge Kimball by 10/17/2003 along with any proposed voir dire questions.
2. The government has an open file policy re: discovery.
Yes X No ____
3. Pretrial motions are to be filed by: 9/18/2003 at 5:00
4. It is unknown if this case will be resolved by a negotiated plea of some kind. If so, plea negotiations should be completed by 10/06/2003. If negotiations are not completed for a plea by the date set, the case will be tried.
5. Issues as to witnesses do not exist in this matter, but defense counsel will make arrangements for subpoenas, if necessary, as early as possible to allow timely service.
6. Defendant's release or detention status: Detained.
7. All exhibits will be premarked before Judge Kimball's clerk before trial.
8. Other order and directions are: Discovery shall be delivered by 8/18/2003
9. Interpreter Needed: Yes ____ No ____ Language ____________