Case No. 2:02CR00694PGC
August 20, 2003
PRETRIAL ORDER PURSUANT TO RULE 17.1 F.R.Cr.P.
The above-entitled action came on for pretrial conference August 20, 2003 , before David Nuffer, United States Magistrate Judge. Defense counsel and the Assistant United States Attorney were present. Based thereon the following is entered:
1. A jury trial in this matter is set for 10/21/03. (3 days) at 8:30 a.m. It appears the trial date is appropriate if the matter is to be tried. Proposed instructions are to be delivered to Judge Paul G. Cassell by 10/16/03 along with any proposed voir dire questions.
2. The government has an open file policy re: discovery.
Yes X No ___
3. Pretrial motions are to be filed by: 9/26/03 at 5:00 p.m.
4. It is unknown if this case will be resolved by a negotiated plea of some kind. Plea negotiations should be completed by 10/2/03 , the plea deadline. Counsel are directed to meet and confer about the possibility of a plea, and before the deadline report to chambers for the district judge whether the matter will proceed to trial. If negotiations are not completed for a plea by the plea deadline, the case will be tried.
5. Issues as to witnesses do not exist in this matter, but defense counsel will make arrangements for subpoenas, if necessary, as early as possible to allow timely service.
6. Defendant's release or detention status: Detained .
7. All exhibits will be premarked before Judge Paul G. Cassell's clerk before trial.
8. Other order and directions are: Discovery to be provided by 8/29/03 .
9. Interpreter Needed: Yes ___ No X Language _________