Case No. 2:04-CR-382 DKW.
July 29, 2004
PRETRIAL ORDER PURSUANT TO RULE 17.1 F.R.Cr.P.
The above-entitled action came on for pretrial conference July 29, 2004, before David Nuffer, United States Magistrate Judge. Defense counsel and the Assistant United States Attorney were present. Based thereon the following is entered:
1. A jury trial in this matter is set for 10/7/04, (2 days) at 8:30 a.m.. It appears the trial date is appropriate if the matter is to be tried. Proposed instructions are to be delivered to Judge David K. Winder by 10/6/04 along with any proposed voir dire questions.
2. The government has an open file policy re: discovery.
Yes X No ____
3. Pretrial motions are to be filed by: 8/20/04 at 5:00 p.m.
4. It is unknown if this case will be resolved by a negotiated plea of some kind. If so, plea negotiations should be completed by 9/23/04. If negotiations are not completed for a plea by the date set, the case will be tried.
5. Issues as to witnesses do not exist in this matter, but defense counsel will make arrangements for subpoenas, if necessary, as early as possible to allow timely service.
6. Defendant's release or detention status: Detained.
7. All exhibits will be premarked before Judge David K. Winder's clerk before trial.
8. Other order and directions are:
9. Interpreter Needed: Yes ___ No X Language ____