Casetext is looking for an experienced litigator and excellent legal writer to write legal content for an exciting new product for attorneys. Your job will be to outline and draft persuasive content across dozens of legal topics. You’ll join one of the most-awarded and fastest-growing companies in the legal technology market.
You can either work out of our headquarters in San Francisco, our offices in New York or Washington D.C., or remotely.
You’re a great fit for this role if:
1. You’re a litigator with private practice experience looking for a new adventure in a law-adjacent but not litigation practice role.
2. You’re drawn toward innovation, especially innovation in the law.
3. You’re a fast and clear writer.
4. You learn quickly and love taking on new substantive legal topics.
5. You’re great at prioritizing and cutting through tasks efficiently. You don’t get fazed by a large quantity of information.
6. You’ve always secretly wanted to work at a fast-growing, scrappy startup, but haven’t found the right fit yet.
7. You have an exceptional work ethic. You hold yourself and your work to an obsessively-high standard.
1. Research and outline key legal topics across diverse practice areas
2. Draft well-researched, precedent-supported substantive legal arguments
3. Coordinate, collaborate with, and edit submissions from contributors outside the company
4. Work closely with Casetext leadership, legal editors, and product team to help drive the development and expansion of a ground-breaking new legal product
Competitive compensation in equity and salary
Exciting and meaningful work with an ambitious and passionate team
Be an early employee at a rising start-up, take on a lot of responsibility, and play a substantial role in the future of the company
Health, dental, and vision insurance is covered for you, and we cover 50% for spouses and dependents
Personal tech budget
Public transportation costs are covered (HQ is conveniently located walking distance to Caltrain, BART, and Muni)
We support families with generous maternity and paternity leave
We eat catered lunches together every day
The office is stocked with all the snacks and coffee you’d ever want
We’re a close-knit team of people who really enjoy working together
Casetext is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.Apply Now