Troutman Sanders is pleased to be a sponsor for the upcoming
ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE AND COMMITMENT LEGAL SUMMIT 2014
September 29, 2014 | The Harvard Club, New York, NY
In-House Counsel: Complimentary Registration
Law Firms: Use Promotion Code TSENVCOMP to save 25% when you register.
To register, click here and enter the promotion code TSENVCOMP when prompted to receive the 25% discount code. In-house counsel, select “In-house counsel” under “Registration Type” to receive a complimentary registration. For more information on the program, click here.
We invite you to join us for our panel:
Pay Me Now or Pay Me Later:
Assessing Value & Effectiveness in Environmental Compliance Programs
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Brent A. Fewell, Partner, Troutman Sanders LLP
- Bruce Adler, Senior EHS Counsel, General Electric
- Steve Rogers, Chief Counsel EHS, The Boeing Company
- Ben Cowan, Partner, Global Health, Safety & Environmental, Locke Lord LLP
As enforcement penalties and the public’s focus on environmental issues continue to experience exponential growth, companies have increased their investments in regulatory compliance. Short of a crisis, how can a company evaluate its compliance costs? This session will discuss the hallmarks of a strong compliance approach and provide a step-by-step evaluative process for ensuring that your company is getting a strong compliance return on its EHS monitoring, record keeping, and reporting.
- State of practice—how do companies comply?
- What is working well?
- What is happening at the law firm level, among agencies, governments?
- Ramifications of efforts in Europe and how these affect the U.S. market
Later, Andy Perel will be among the featured panelists for the Luncheon and Spotlight Discussion:
Valuation of Environmental Liabilities and Establishing Financial Reserves
11:45 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
- Andy Perel, Partner, Troutman Sanders, LLP
- Jaron Frieden, Vice President of Remediation, The Vertex Companies
- Michael P. Hedden, MAI, CRE, FRICS, Managing Director, Real Estate Solutions, F T I Consulting
- Elizabeth Mack, Partner, Chair of the Environmental Section, Locke Lord LLP