Seven minority students have received Law School Admissions Test Preparation, or LSAT, scholarships from Warner Norcross & Judd LLP.
Now in its eighth year, the program provides scholarships to enable selected minority students at Michigan colleges to attend a study course designed to prepare them to take the LSAT. Studies have shown that students who take a formal LSAT prep course score higher on the test, which determines entrance into law school.
The 2015 scholarship winners are:
- Valerie Cook, Eastern Michigan University
- Angel Gamon, Grand Valley State University
- Nimsy Garcia, Oakland University
- Jewel Haji, Grand Valley State University
- Jameelah Sabir, University of Michigan – Dearborn
- Prathibha Singh, Ferris State University
- Brie Starks, University of Michigan
The LSAT program is one of two scholarship initiatives offered by the firm to promote diversity in the legal profession. Warner Norcross also sponsors a Minority Scholarship Program that provides financial support to students pursuing a legal career.