The goal of these sessions is to:
- Provide an overview of brain injury, including definitions and the rate of incidence
- Provide information on the effects of brain injury on families, including the stages of grief family members experience
- Provide information about the common consequences of brain injury: cognitive, physical, and emotional
- Provide information about strategies families can utilize and tips for caregivers
- Provide information on resources available through the Brain Injury Association of New Jersey and agencies throughout the state
Each session will be hosted by Peggy DiTommaso, MSW. For over 17 years, Peggy has volunteered her time as the support group leader for the Brain Injury Association of New Jersey affiliated support group in Monmouth County. You can find the session brochure here, or you can register for any of the sessions online.